Job Category: Sales / Technical Sales
Job Location: Ontario, California, United States
About the Role
Reporting to our VP of sales, the Applications/Sales Engineer is responsible for interacting with customers, distributors and resale outlets (internal and external) on key areas of product sales, support, and management. This is an entry level position for a person with a technical foundation desiring to be on the commercial side of a business. This position is based in our Ontario, California office.
Attitude is everything in this role. This is a “product champion”; an enthusiastic and energetic person with an entrepreneurial spirit will take ownership of this role.
Main duties of this role will include, but may not be limited to:
- Working as part of a focused and successful sales team, coordinating the day to day management of product orders which includes:
- Generate, deliver and follow up on custom quotations
- Generate sales, marketing & service materials to support customers (internal & external)
- Utilizing CRM tool to retrieve and provide data useful in managing sales orders
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by management
- A four-year college degree is desired but not necessary
- Willingness to travel domestic and international, travel is usually less than 10%.
- Experience with customer service (customer-facing role) is a plus
- Experience selling/supporting/servicing a technical product is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Basic Knowledge of ERP/MRP, CAD and/or CRM systems is a plus